Thursday, September 24, 2015

2014 wedding Season | Alberta & Destination Wedding Photographer

As I am in the middle of my wedding season 2015, patiently waiting for my computer to catch up.................I had some time to reflect on the year thus far and past years. Weddings all over Alberta and Destination wedding in Mexico, Dominican and Costa Rica, what an amazing ride it has been. Each year is filled with new faces, new love and new stories, each unique and romantic in there own way. From time to time even old faces, bridesmaids from past weddings that I now get the pleasure of capturing, which just makes it even more special.

Each year fills my heart and soul, how could it not so much love, smiles and laughter and the best part...........I get the honor of capturing it all for years to come. My Brides and Grooms hold a special spot in my heart, I treasure their love stories forever feeling like they are a part of my own family. I recently listened to a speaker talk about community with our clients and how truly understanding someones story is what makes our art that much more meaningful.
This is one of my biggest goals at a consult and the time leading up to a wedding. I want to know you, your soulmate, your connection together,  your family and what you hold dear. Everyone has their own fairy tale and it is those details that I look for and the way my clients open up that allow me to bring it to life.

I could document a wedding day, be the hired photographer that everyone looks sideways at, constantly looking for that in, just getting what I need. The wedding day would still be there for all to see, documented and archived in all it's beauty.
YA RIGHT..............I prefer smiles, laughter, hugs and tears. Having a bride that trust's me like one of her bridesmaids and light's up to see me, a mother who doesn't hold back her emotions and leans on me behind doorways as she gives her child away, a groom that looks to me for solid ground as he awaits the best moment of his life. A bride and groom that show all their love for the world to see. A fairy tale unfolding before your very eyes!

That's where you'll find me!

Don't get me wrong I have done the other, it has happened and it makes me sad. "You can't win them all", attitude doesn't work me. For me I did something wrong along the way and forever will analyze it (driving my husband insane).
Ever want to know how much I hold each and every client dear......ask my husband he knows their whole life stories as I can't help but talk about all their joy.

Thank you to all my past and present brides and grooms, it is you who makes my season worth it and it is you who reminds me daily what love and life is all about!

Here's a tribute to the AJ Brides and Grooms of 2014, pssst this is long but they all deserve it. Happy 1st Anniversary to you and thank you for letting me be a part of it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment